We are looking for a junior consultant within our Pensions and Insurance team, where you will be blending financial markets, actuarial science and industry leading technology in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Measuring and analysing financial risks across pension schemes, fund managers and insurers.
- Asset Liability modelling
- Interacting with economic scenario generator
- Maintaining general knowledge of the financial markets and main asset classes
- Understand the workings of DB pension scheme liabilities
- Investment advice and detailed risk analysis
- Contributing to product demonstrations
- Providing advice and training to our clients in the use of our software and ALM modelling
- Software customisation by developing new functionalities
Education, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate university degree in a science specialism, ideally actuarial science. (Examples of other specialisms – Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science)
- Have experience working with Pension Scheme assets and liabilities
- Possible experience in coding i.e. SQL, VBA and/or specific languages
- Have experience working with Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Superb analytical skills
- Creative, resourceful, able to think outside the box, resilient and hands on
- Integrity and professionalism
- Ability to thrive in a small, dynamic team in the London office.
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance helps people make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe using our industry leading modelling solutions. This continual focusing on development, embracing technology and blending that with personal engagement, allows us to lead the market in empowering enhanced investment decision making.
The Pensions and Insurance department
Within Ortec Finance, the Pensions and Insurance team consists of ALM consultants and Investment consultants who focus on advising clients and on implementing our modelling solutions to enhance their risk management frameworks from an ALM perspective. This facilitates better investment decision making by engaging with our industry leading modelling software.
What do we offer?
- A challenging and rewarding role in the growing London office, while being part of an inspirational global business
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Wietske Maat- van Daalen (HR Advisor) at +31 (0)10 – 700 50 00.
To apply, please use the top right application button to send us your cover letter and CV.
Acquisition on account of this vacancy will not be appreciated.
The selection process
1. Applying for a job
On our website you can either respond to a specific vacancy or you can send us an open application. We like to receive a CV and a cover letter from you. If you are currently a student, we will ask for a report card listing your grades. We will send you a confirmation when we have duly received your application.
Our HR Advisors look at your application and judge whether you fit the required profile and if we may have other job opportunities for you at Ortec Finance. If there is a good fit, your application will be presented to the relevant department. We will subsequently inform you within two weeks about the continuation of the job application process.
Our selection process consists of 2-3 conversations with various employees from our organization. During these talks you will gain more insight into the company, the position and the professional opportunities, while we learn more about who you are, your accomplishments and ambitions. During the process we will, after your approval, ask for a number of references from past employers.
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Finally, a pre-employment screening is standard part of the selection process.
4. Let’s get to work!
If the outcome of the selection process is a positive one, you will receive a job offer from us. This offer will be explained to you via telephone by one of our HR advisors. We always strive to complete the entire selection process in two to four weeks.
The terms of employment
- We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring work environment with excellent training and career opportunities, either on the path towards a specific specialization or more towards project and account management. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematic models and specific market knowledge in your work.
- J• You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, among which:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a contribution to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel.