Ortec Finance and APG (the Dutch largest Pension Provider) are joining forces on building the future of pensions with blockchain technologies. For this unique project we are looking for adventurous engineers who are willing to join our multidisciplinary team with members from both APG and Ortec Finance Tech labs. Together with the team you will work at least 2 or 3 days per week at APG’s innovation lab ‘de Groeifabriek’ in Heerlen.
The project is a sequel of our recent Dutch Blockchain Hackathon (2017) results. During the three-month period the team will deliver a working prototype of a blockchain pension system, build on the paradigm of smart contracts. Check our previous article for more insight in the application (http://techlabs.ortec-finance.com/en/2017/07/14/tech-labs-wins-3rd-price-at-the-worlds-largest-blockchain-hackathon) .
We will provide:
- A kickass project where you will be involved end to end.
- Residency in Heerlen during your weekly stay.
- Market conform salary
We are looking for ambitious candidates who are in their Master phase of their studies (in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or a closely related field) with:
- strong interest in blockchain;
- affinity with interdisciplinary work;
- excellent programming skills;
The selection process
1. Applying for a job
On our website you can either respond to a specific vacancy or you can send us an open application. We like to receive a CV and a cover letter from you. If you are currently a student, we will ask for a report card listing your grades. We will send you a confirmation when we have duly received your application.
Our HR Advisors look at your application and judge whether you fit the required profile and if we may have other job opportunities for you at Ortec Finance. If there is a good fit, your application will be presented to the relevant department. We will subsequently inform you within two weeks about the continuation of the job application process.
Our selection process consists of 2-3 conversations with various employees from our organization. During these talks you will gain more insight into the company, the position and the professional opportunities, while we learn more about who you are, your accomplishments and ambitions. During the process we will, after your approval, ask for a number of references from past employers.
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Finally, a pre-employment screening is standard part of the selection process.
4. Let’s get to work!
If the outcome of the selection process is a positive one, you will receive a job offer from us. This offer will be explained to you via telephone by one of our HR advisors. We always strive to complete the entire selection process in two to four weeks.
The terms of employment
- We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring work environment with excellent training and career opportunities, either on the path towards a specific specialization or more towards project and account management. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematic models and specific market knowledge in your work.
- J• You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your job and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent benefits, among which:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a fixed 13th month;
- a contribution to the pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract);
- travel expenses compensation for your daily commute and business travel;
- participation in a bonus policy.